Re: @value attribute and property values

Andrea,

I have added this to the official errata:

https://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/RDFa_1.1._Errata#Using_.3Cdata.3E_and_.40value

as the errata says: adding this feature means adding a new technical feature, which is a substantial change. Cannot be done easily, alas!

Thanks!

ivan

> On 17 Mar 2015, at 20:31 , Andrea Rendine <master.skywalker.88@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings to all, and hope you can give me answers or suggestions.
> I was reviewing the spec about RDFa core and I focused on a frequent use case in my models. Sometimes I use <data> element to indicate price values for internationalisation and machine-readability. For user readability currencies can be indicated with symbols, decimal separators with commas and there could be spaces or single quotes to separate thousands, but it's not an acceptable value. So a price of € 1'234,56 could be set as follows:
> I often use Schema.org class vocabularies for semantic markup as this allows to specify the price entity by also separating numbers and currency. I also want to use RDFa for semantic markup. I know that I could specify @content in order to indicate the machine readable value, but I'd like to know whether @value could ever be taken into account as attribute to look at for content of some properties.
> It would also be useful on ordered lists, as @value on list items can be used to force an item number in the list, and it could have a semantic meaning (e.g. the number of an item in a collection of creative works), or even on form elements (e.g. when used as readonly).
> Is there any hope for this?

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Digital Publishing Activity Lead