Re: Language of a node and HTML+RDFa JavaScript implementations

Your suggestion would be fine by me if it's accepted by the working group.

--Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Herman
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:34 AM
To: Peter Occil
Cc: public-rdfa-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Language of a node and HTML+RDFa JavaScript implementations

Peter,

I *think* I understand the issue and, coincidentally, we will have a call in
half an hour where this issue may be discussed. Again as an individual, I
believe that the only way we can handle that in RDFa is that the generated
RDF
uses whatever the markup gives us (which indeed means that the current
section
3.3. may not be precise enough). Ie, to use the example below, in the case
of
Document 4:

the generated RDF literal will _not_ include a language tag. Actually, that
would be the case for

because RDFa tries to be language neutral. AFAIK, all current RDFa
processors
work this way.

I think the important point is that RDF makes a difference between plain
literals and literals with language tags. Ie, the generated RDF from RDFa
has
the freedom to generate a plain literal if no language tag has been
assigned.

Thanks!

Ivan