Re: [DE] Completed translation RDFa Core 1.1

Hello Stefan,

thanks for the detailed review.

Thanks, Ivan, for forwarding.

Stefan, you mentioned some issues in the original document, too. To
avoid, that the dear editor of RDFa Core has to read all the German
stuff, I will put the comments into a list with some other issues, I
have and post it here later, if you don't mind.

Only the following first issue might be of interest for others.

On 1 May 2013 at 17:41, Stefan Götz wrote:
> ###

<http://www.schumacher-netz.de/TR/2012/REC-rdfa-core-20120607.de.html#
abst
ract>:
> "Das aktuelle Internet" / "The current Web"
> -> Maybe better "Das aktuelle Web"? (Internet != Web)
In the last ten years I always used Web in my translations, same for
the standard sentence which you find in any W3C spec: This enhances
the functionality and interoperability of the Web.
In Germany the term Internet is generally used as a synonym to the
term Web, everybody says, I was in the Internet, I was surfing the
Internet, I read in the Internet. Actually less people use the term
Web. This is one reason, why I think, the translation Internet is ok
for a German translation.

physical internet = Internet (DE)
Web, just the WWW = Internet (DE)
Internet is a well recognised German expression now, Web not so much.

Some thoughts to the standard sentence: This enhances the
functionality and interoperability of the Web. If you think of RDFa
for example in html e-mails, what is not WWW or Web in the old sense,

there might be an extended meaning of Web that actually goes beyond
WWW, because you might add information, e.g., name and address, from
your e-mail to your contacts on your computer or online contact book,
later you paste it into a blog on the "Web".
This is actually a different discussion, if after so many years, the
W3C should alter the standard sentence and write "web" instead of
"Web" and extend the meaning beyond WWW or is that actually already
like that?

> "RDFa und [MICROFORMATS] haben einige Gemeinsamkeiten."
> -> Is it intended to use the reference "[MICROFORMATS]" instead of
> "Microformats"?
> Same with "dann schauen Sie doch in den [RDFA-PRIMER]."
I will add Microformats. Thanks.
RDFA-PRIMER is used in the same way in the original, so I don't like
to change it, but I pass your comment on, if you like, since I have a
list of comments before the Edited REC will be finalised.

<http://www.schumacher-netz.de/TR/2012/REC-rdfa-core-20120607.de.html#
how-
to-read-this-document>:
> "Zu aller Erst"
> -> Zu­al­ler­erst
Fixed.

<http://www.schumacher-netz.de/TR/2012/REC-rdfa-core-20120607.de.html#
sotd
>:
> "Begriffe, CURIES oder"
> -> CURIEs
Fixed, got it from the original, put in PER comments.

<http://www.schumacher-netz.de/TR/2012/REC-rdfa-core-20120607.de.html#
s_mo
tivation>:
> "Es wäre bei Weitem besser"
> -> bei weitem
Fixed.

<http://www.schumacher-netz.de/TR/2012/REC-rdfa-core-20120607.de.html#
s_Sy
ntax_overview>:
> "Dieser Mechanismus wird im Abschnitt Compact URI Expressions
> detailliert beschrieben."
> -> Link is missing (but also in the original document)
In PER list now.

> "ein - in diesem Dokument CURIEs genannt - die"
> -> The first one is a Geviertstrich, the second one a
> Viertelgeviertstrich; both should be Halbgeviertstriche
Thanks, I put Halbgeviertstrich now, but in future, they will be
probably all Viertelgeviertstrich, since I have an English keyboard
for my German typing and I will have forgotten ALT+0150 soon, for me
everything is minus. It doesn't really alter the translation.

> "können nicht nur IRIs wiederverwendet werden, um Metadaten
anzugeben"
> [...] "RDFa gestattet Meta-Informationen über"
> -> consistency: "Metadaten" vs. "Meta-Informationen"
The original uses meta data and meta data information. Actually I
should have translated it: Metadateninformationen, on the other hand,
Metadaten would have been enough, since Metadaten implies, that it is
an information, I put that on the PER list, and will translate it
with Metadateninformationen for now.

> "keine CURIES zu verwenden"
> -> CURIEs
Fixed.

<http://www.schumacher-netz.de/TR/2012/REC-rdfa-core-20120607.de.html#
s_rd
fterminology>:

> "und es ist sicherlich kein Format, dass von einer Anwendung"
> -> "das" instead of "dass"
Autsch, Fixed.

> "durch den IRI der DBPedia "
> -> Original spelling seems to be "DBpedia" (your spelling is also
used in
> the original document, though)
PER list

> "und dieser IRI zeigt [...] Dieser IRI"
> -> consistency: "dieses IRI"
Identifier - der Identifizierer, kept the male "der" or "dieser".
Same for URI, and URL, locator, der Lokalisierer.

> "In vielen Erörterungen um RDF wird die Turtle-Syntax verwendet, um
> Ideen auszudrücken, da es ziemlich kompakt ist."
> -> should be "da sie ziemlich"
Yes, my "es" came from "das Turtle", but it is, "die Turtle-Syntax".
Fixed.

> "werden Sie oft den folgenden IRI" [...] "Dieser IRI gibt"
> -> consistency: "das folgende IRI"
Same like above, my IRI is male.

> "Beachten Sie, dass CURIES nur im Quelltext"
> -> CURIEs
Fixed.

> ###
> You used the Viertelgeviertstrich (-) instead of the
Halbgeviertstrich
> (-) for Gedankenstriche:
Yes, for me, everything is minus, but since you put so much work into

it, I changed it.

> ###
> Also, wherever you used single quotation marks, you used the
character
> "U+0027 APOSTROPHE" ('foobar'), which is the replacement character
(e.g.
> for use on a typewriter) for the single typographical quotation
marks
> "U+201A SINGLE LOW-9 QUOTATION MARK" and "U+2018 LEFT SINGLE
QUOTATION
> MARK" (`foobar`):
Since you took a lot of work to pick all these out of the text, I
feel like, I should appreciate that work by changing it. If you don't
mind, I consider changing that in the edited REC, the reader should
not have a problem with that at the moment and my kids are waiting to
go swimming. ;-)

Thanks a lot again
Stefan

--