Re: Language of a node and HTML+RDFa JavaScript implementations

On 06/06/2013 12:48 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>> To mitigate this issue, we can make a minor editorial change to the
>> specification that states that authors SHOULD specify the language
>> of their document in the document if they want to ensure that all
>> RDFa processors will be capable of discovering the correct language
>> for the document.
>
> It seems like this note only serves a transient need, until the
> HTML/DOM specs are fixed, and there's really no evidence from the
> wild that this is causing any problems, so I don't really see the
> need to add such wording. However I will go along with this, if
> that's the consensus.

The argument for a note is that this is non-obvious, so we should draw
attention to it. The timeframe for this being fixed is currently
unknown, so it may be that we're waiting another 1-2 years on it, by
which time the PER for HTML+RDFa 1.1 could remove the not if it's fixed
by then. Remember, we need to do this anyway due to the dependency on
rdf:HTML and HTML5's time element.

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
http://blog.meritora.com/launch/