Heads-up RDFa WG members: Be ready to forgo patent exclusions early

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 21:53:40 -0500
To: RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
CC: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
As some of you may have seen, the call for patent exclusions didn't go
out when they should have due to a software glitch. This is ultimately
my fault as I should have played the part of "human fail-safe" and made
sure the patent exclusion notice went out on the day the WG started:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2012Nov/0039.html

In order for us to hit our publication date, EVERY member of the RDFa WG
will need to notify W3C that they DO NOT intend to exclude any HTML+RDFa
1.1 related patents. It will be a simple online form that you will fill
out. The form will be available when HTML+RDFa 1.1 goes to LC.

If you or your company does not intend to exclude patents related to
HTML+RDFa 1.1, you don't need to do anything right now.

If you or your company intends to exclude patents related to HTML+RDFa
1.1, it is *very important* that you notify me as soon as possible.

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The Problem with RDF and Nuclear Power
http://manu.sporny.org/2012/nuclear-rdf/