Re: HTML+RDFa source updated (ISSUE-97, ISSUE-144, ISSUE-146)

On 3 Jan 2013, at 01:24, Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Great work! Great also that the spec now makes @href on links optional
> if @resource is present.
>
> However, I now realize that meta seems to have a similar problem as
> link. In the HTML5 spec the part about meta at [1] reads:
>
>    Exactly one of the name, http-equiv, and charset attributes must
> be specified.
>
>    If either name or http-equiv is specified, then the content
> attribute must also be specified. Otherwise, it must be omitted.
>
> I.e. it seems that we need a similar text about meta as well, along
> the lines of:
>
>    If the RDFa property attribute is present on the meta element, the
> name attribute is not required, and the content attribute must also be
> specified.

+1. Thanks for spotting this.

> (The question will also arise (or already has) about whether the use
> of meta and link are to be considered Lite or not. I believe they are,
> since the set of attributes is not extended (and @content is already
> allowed on meta). But I suppose it depends on whether you interpret
> the extended allowances that this document adds to HTML5 to be part of
> HTML5 or RDFa...)

I am not sure I fully understand the issue. HTML5+RDFa includes meta and link everywhere; Lite is not a different language or profile, ie, it automatically inherits things.

The only question I have is: link uses @rel in HTML; is that allowed for a Lite? I would think yes, but this may have to be written down somewhere...

Ivan