Re: Test 0212 versus XML EC14N

I think we excluded those tests because we knew that it is not possible reliably to automatically test implementations. There are uncertainties around the behaviour of SPARQL engines in handling or not equality correctly, let alone the fact that RDFa implementations are very often at the mercy of some underlying XML toolset that does or does not do the right thing. This is all due to the 2004 version of the XML Literal specification.

The RDF 1.1 standard addresses these issues (and, I must say, the experience we had with RDFa 1.0 and now with RDFa 1.1 has influenced the group). Hence, for the time being, it is better not to stir this up in our test suite.

Ivan