Re: Test 0121 / Safe Cure [] in @about

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2012, at 5:35 PM, Alex Milowski wrote:
>
>> Then the sparql is wrong?   I know my implementation is handling an
>> empty safe curie incorrectly but it looks to me like the correct
>> expansion is nothing.  As such, you shouldn't get any triples.
>
> No, typically if you see four processors all passing a test, the test isn't going to be too wrong.
>
> In this case, the @about=[] and @resource=[] don't generate IRIs, so they're ignored. The subject is set in the first <p> and is in place for dc:title and dc:contributor. The test is to make sure that an empty CURIE doesn't set the subject or object.

I think there is a potential problem in 5.1 that is demonstrated by
this test case.  The @about=[] resolves to nothing (empty CURIE).  As
such, no new subject is established if you read the text literally:

 * by using the resource from @about, if present, obtained according
to the section on CURIE and IRI Processing;
 * otherwise, if the element is the root element of the document, then
act as if there is an empty @about present, and process it according
to the rule for @about, above;
 * otherwise, if parent object is present, new subject is set to the
value of parent object.

Does that "if present" clause mean:

   A. if the attribute 'about' is present

or

   B. if a resource is present identified by the resolved value of the
"about" attribute.

?

For this test case to be correct, it must be (B).

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."