test #236 and HTML5

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 16:09:38 +0100
Cc: W3C RDFWA WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Guys,

having successfully passed the tests with XHTML1+RDFa, I am now HTML5+RDFa.

One issue there is test 236:

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
    <title>Test 0236</title>
  </head>

The problem, in HTML5, that the HTML5 parser (at least the one I use) does not generate any errors, just closes the body element in the DOM tree and returns an, essentially, empty DOM. Ie, no error is generated.

I think we run into the issue of when would an HTML5 go through the lax process of HTML5, which we should, for the purpose of HTML5, keep away from in my view. I would propose NOT to include this test for HTML5 (ie, modify the manifest). The XHTML1 is clear in this respect, and tests the RDFa processor which is the goal after all.