Re: Proposed RDFa publication timeline

Hello!

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As a part of our administrative duties, Ivan and I had a call today to
> figure out a proposed timeline to take RDFa Core, XHTML+RDFa and RDFa
> Lite to REC. Here it is, this is a proposal - please let us know if
> this works for everyone or if there are issues with the timeline:
>
> Jan 26th - WG resolves to take documents to Last Call
> Jan 31st - LC publication of RDFa Core, XHTML+RDFa and RDFa Lite 1.1
> Feb 21st - End of LC period for RDFa Core, XHTML+RDFa and RDFa Lite 1.1
> Feb 13th - Schedule Transition Call to Candidate Recommendation
> Feb 27th - WG resolves to take documents to Candidate Rec
> Mar 6th  - CR Publication of RDFa Core, XHTML+RDFa and RDFa Lite 1.1
> Apr 1st  - CR Implementation Reports in by April 1st
> Apr 10th - Schedule Transition Call to Proposed Recommendation
> Apr 17th - PR Publication of RDFa Core, XHTML+RDFa and RDFa Lite 1.1
> May 21st - Schedule Transition Call to Recommendation
> May 29th - REC Publication of RDFa Core, XHTML+RDFa and RDFa Lite 1.1

.. Nit-pick: Feb 21st is placed before Feb 13th. :)

> If you notice, none of the API documents are a part of this publication
> timeline. We are going to have to find another venue for those
> documents. Ivan and I discussed a number of possibilities, including
> publications as notes, integrating the work with the JSON-LD work, or
> publication of the documents as updated Working Drafts and then handing
> them over to a Community Group.

A Community Group sounds good to me. As others have said, most of the
API is orthogonal to serializations (and reasonably dependent on the
RDF 1.1 work for the abstract syntax). There are certainly various
relations to RDFa (for the DOM aspects), to microdata (cf. [1]) and
JSON-LD (regarding e.g. projections/contexts/terms, and normalization
etc.). And in general, every RDF library implementor is a stakeholder
in this.

> In order to accomplish the timeline above, we'll be requesting a charter
> extension to the end of July 2012.
>
> Your thoughts, comments, and/or +1s would be appreciated. :)

+1. Sounds like a good plan.

Best regards,
Niklas
--