Re: ISSUE-132 (Is @src allowed everywhere?): Is the @src attribute defined in RDFa Core allowed on any element? [3rd LC Comments - RDFa 1.1 Core]

Hmm...  I think I must respectfully disagree.  While you are correct
that it would be up to the Host Language creator to define a language
that is useful, I feel we have a responsibility to require that if you
say a language incorporates RDFa Core that it actually does so.  You are
right that a Host Language author could relegate one or more RDFa
attributes to a disconnected backwater, but at least that would be a
conscious decision on the part of the language author (e.g., I put @rev
on an element named 'DontUseMe'), rather than an accident of content
model definition  (e.g., I forgot to include @rev in a collection of
attributes that was included everywhere).

You seem to think it would be okay to define a Host Language that didn't
allow data typing. I think it is fine to create documents that don't USE
data typing, but since ALL RDFa processors are required to support all
of these attributes, it doesn't make any sense (to me) that we permit a
Host Language to omit key aspects of RDFa.

RDFa without any attributes that define a predicate wouldn't be RDFa at
all.  We shouldn't permit such a Host Language.  At least that's my opinion.

--
Shane McCarron
+1 763 786 8160 x120