Re: Test Case 0109 / XHTML+RDFa 1.1 (ISSUE-139)

On Apr 27, 2012, at 2:51 PM, Alex Milowski wrote:

> Test case 109 has this content:
>
> <!-- This a NOT a valid XHTML document (due to @xml:base) -->
>
> I believe this test case is either invalid or unenforceable.  xml:base
> is an expected feature in many environments (including most browsers).
> Even though some schemata for XHTML may not allow the attribute, its
> presence will change the base URI.  Any DOM processor, like mine, will
> not be able get the answer expected.  In fact, it shouldn't because
> the base URI is determined by intrinsic processing of the document by
> the browser and no other interpretation for an XML document is allowed
> per the XML Base specification.

I've never understood why this restriction has been in place, unless it comes out of XHTML2. Indeed, microdata obeys xml:base, due to the HTML5 content model. Perhaps we should re-introduce this as being allowed in XHTML5.

I created ISSUE-139 on your behalf to track this.

Gregg