Re: ISSUE-137 (Media Type): HTML+RDFa should normatively declare media types and describe how to identify relative to XHTML+RDFa 1.1 [RDFa 1.1 in HTML5]

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>> Alex,
>>
>> your code seems to require the @version attribute to decide for XHTML+RDFa 1.1. RDFa Core does not _require_ this attribute.
>
> Ah, but if you start with HTML+RDFa 1.1, that's the only way to
> delegate XHTML processing to XHTML+RDFa 1.1.

Indeed. And since @version isn't allowed in HTML5, it's a fairly safe
bet that a document using it is intended to be XHTML 1.1. ;)

I also think expecting XHTML5 from "application/xhtml+xml", like
browsers will do, is the default, and only if it can be figured out
(checking doctype if possible, or @version, or perhaps presence of
@xmlns:*) is XHTML 1.1 to be chosen.

Best regards,
Niklas