Re: Experimental RDFa extractor in JS

From: Henri Bergius <henri.bergius@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:29:00 +0200
To: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>
Cc: public-rdfa-wg <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

On Apr 20, 2012 1:59 AM, "Niklas Lindström" <lindstream@gmail.com> wrote:
> The last couple of days I've been experimenting with a different kind
> of approach to implementing an RDFa extractor. The result so far is a
> draft with admittedly rather partial coverage. However, I hope some
> aspects of it will be of interest even at this stage:
>
> 1. It is implemented in pure Javascript. (Well, actually, in some 170
> lines of CoffeeScript, but the generated result is the same.)
> 2. It runs both in the browser and on Node (used with jsdom).
> 3. It does not produce triples. It directly creates a JSON-LD extract
> (corresponding in shape to the RDFa). This is the difference, and the
> fun part.

Looks very promising. It might be interesting to collaborate on this to
have a RDFa parser that VIE could use, but which would also work without
VIE's entity management and other facilities.

However, I don't see a license in the repository. VIE is MIT-licensed, so
that would be the best option for code-sharing.

http://viejs.org

> Niklas

/Henri