Comments on ISSUE-108 (Link relations)

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:24:55 +0200
To: W3C RDFWA WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Having read the minutes of yesterday[1]

I am not sure what justifies the usage of the full XHTML @rel value set for HTML5. Unfortunately, there is a difference in this respect between HTML5 and XHTML 1.1. It is not our job in this working group to override that; I think what we have to do is to accept what others working groups, in their area of expertise, do. That, unfortunately, leads to the fact that the default profile (I am not sure what the final name will be, so I still use this term) for XHTML and for HTML5 should be different.

- The one for XHTML may just do what RDFa 1.0 did, with the possible removal of stylesheet (alternate or not)
- The one for HTML5 warrants the HTML5 @rel values only (or a subset thereof, to be decided)

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/meetings/2011-10-13#ISSUE__2d_108__3a__Refine__2f_deprecate_Link_relations