Re: How to deal with an <a> link applied to a person's name

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:13:48 +0100
Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:

>   This picture was taken by
>   <a target="_blank" typeof="rnews:Person"
>      rel="rnews:homepage" href="http://www.riecks.com/"
>      property="rnews:name">David Riecks</a>.

By the way, I should point out the fact that the snippet above takes
advantage of the remarkable and somewhat intuitive situation that the
following two links generate different triples:

  <a rel="" href="target" property=":title">Foo</a>

In the first link sets a title for the page the links were found on.
The second link sets a title for the target of the link. The presence
of @rel (even empty) has a surprising effect.

It all comes down to steps #6 and #7 in the RDFa processing sequence
which include different techniques for establishing the subject of a
triple depending on the presence of @rel/@rev.

(If you think that's confusing, in earlier drafts of RDFa 1.0 it was a
lot worse. The situation depended on whether the values in @rel/@rev
could be expanded to valid URIs or not. See, e.g. 2008-02-21 working
draft.)

If we were chartered to make more backwards incompatible changes...

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>