ACTION-97: comments on link relations

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:01:34 -0500
To: public-rdfa-wg@w3.org
CC: jeni@jenitennison.com, tai@g5n.co.uk, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Hey folks,

I had this action to look at the link relations we define in [1] vs. the
ones defined in [2] to determine if they are consistent and, if not,
what we should do about it.

The good news is that I don't think we need to do anything.  There are
only a handful of link relations defined in HTML5 that are also defined
in our vocabulary:

alternate, bookmark, help, icon, license, next, prev, and stylesheet

Each of these are defined in a consistent way.  The language is not
identical.  We can make [1] have language closer to that in [2] if
anyone thinks it is important, but at this point my recommendation is
that we leave it alone.  Let [2] stabilize then decide if we need to
make any minor edits.

[1] http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/links.html#linkTypes

--