Re: <time> values in HTML5

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 04:40:06 -0500
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org, HTML Data Task Force WG <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>, public-html-xml@w3.org
Jeni Tennison scripsit:

> As specced, it (a) accepts a bunch of syntaxes that aren't in the
> lexical space of any XML Schema datatype and (b) accepts some values
> that aren't in the value space of any XML Schema datatype, namely
> timezones and weeks.

What is more, it pukes on durations that include months, apparently
because someone thought that M is ambiguous as between months and minutes.
This is not the case, because M means minutes only after a T has been seen
in 8601, whereas HTML5 is apparently permissive about T.  I do wish the
spec would provide either prose or code, rather than code masquerading
as prose.

So this is a case of failing to accept a syntax that is in the lexical
and the value space of XML Schema.

--
John Cowan   cowan@ccil.org
    "Mr. Lane, if you ever wish anything that I can do, all you will have