Re: FYI: W3C editor's draft for RDFa 1.1 Lite

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 11:34:35 -0700
To: W3C RDFWA WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
> In accordance with the WG resolution of last week[1], the Editor's draft of RDFa Lite 1.1[2] has been uploaded to the server (the 'working', ie, RecSpec version is in [3]). This should be published as a FPWD together with the rest of the RDFa 1.1 documents Working Drafts, when the last few remaining technical issues are solved.
>
> Note that RDFa 1.1 Lite does _not_ include a change in the behaviour of @property. In my view this is the way it should be (although I am not 100% sure this has been decided by the WG): this behaviour should be part of RDFa 1.1. Core, and not only for the Lite subset. Indeed, if it was part of Lite only, that would distort the important fact that the current Lite[2] is a strict subset of Core. (See, eg, [4], although the URI name is a misnomer, the feature is not Lite specific, or the discussion thread starting with [5]).

This is really great.

My one comment would be if you are new to RDFa and you read this
document, it wouldn't be clear what is "produced" or "harvested" by a
user agent.  As such, you'd be forced to read a much more complicated
specification.  Is there some way to provide a brief description of
the "output" for a consuming application without having to get deep
into the technical details?

I'm also curious if this subset simplifies the "Sequence" algorithm
specified in section 7.5 of RDFa Core 1.1 [1].  Having recently
implemented this algorithm, I'd be happy to explore that and report
back.  While I realize that any RDFa 1.1 implementation would get the
same triples, the question is really whether RDFa 1.1 Lite also
simplifies the processing.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-core/#sequence

--
--Alex Milowski