Re: Committed a cleaned version of RDF-API

Am 12.05.2011 11:34, schrieb Ivan Herman:
> - it may be worth putting at least one example in terms of Turtle rather than RDFa. To make it clear that this layer is not bound to RDFa...
Good point. I'll change that.

> - So far so good, but isn't it necessary for the RDFParser.parse method to return the sequence of Projections that we are talking about?
The callback function is given a sequence of projections.

> I miss the 'link' between the projections that are in the data and those that are parsed...
Your are right. This description is missing. The intention of the parser
mechanism is that the parser populates a store that is underlying the
Data interface. (if Data is implemented with RDF interfaces, this would
be a Graph.)

You can parse multiple RDF data into a single Data object by calling
data.parse() multiple times.

You can also create several Data objects data1, data2, .... and parse
each RDF data into a single Data object.

> I think it would be good to have an (maybe optional) reference to an RDF Environment or maybe only to an RDF Profile in Data. That would allow using CURIES...
The Data interface has a setMapping method [1]. This allows to map a
shortened form of a URI to the absolute URI.

> I had a question a few days ago on the issue on URIRefs vs. URI Strings[1]. Niklas' answer[2,3] might be a possible way forward for this, but we should definitely have something...
At the moment the Projection would return a simple URI as DOMString.
You can then resolve this URI by calling
 e.g.,  data.getProjection( "http://...#ivan" );
This is simple because it is untyped.
I like Niklas proposal, but I fear it does not scale for larger RDF
graphs. A creation of a single projection might cause the creation of
thousands of projections.
I think we should not force library developers to implement caching and
online resolution logics.

Greetings,

Ben

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdf-api/#widl-Data-setMapping-DOMString-DOMString-mapping-DOMString-uri

> Ivan
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2011May/0045.html
> [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2011May/0046.html
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2011Apr/0062.html

Benjamin Adrian
Email : benjamin.adrian@dfki.de
WWW : http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/~adrian/
Tel.: +49631 20575 1450
Twitter: http://twitter.com/BenBanBun
Skype: benbanbun
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
Geschäftsführung:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313