Re: [RDF Interfaces] CURIEs + createNamedNode and curies/qnames/terms

On May 3, 2011, at 18:30 , Nathan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> A couple of issues to touch on:
>
> - we currently use the definition of CURIE, but we need to support all kinds, qname, curie, the latest changes as per the RDF WG - so what do we call it and define it as?

I would like to understand what really the differences/options are. Can you help out?

> - createNamedNode currently accepts a string-IRI, CURIE or Term, however there are some ambiguities possible with that (as we know), in my implementation I've defined it as accepting a string IRI only, should we make the spec match? (I can't think of a reason not to, can you?)

I think accepting only a IRI is fine. If somebody wants to play, one can always use a resolve before passing on the argument to createNamedNode

I.