Re: Review of latest RDFa Core 1.1

I've been doing my own review and updating my processor at the same time. Here are some of my notes:

Notes on review of 3/1 Editors Draft of RDFa Core 1.1: http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdfa-core/Overview.html.

Section 4.1 RDFa Processor Conformance

Here it states that the processor *must* examine the media type and process the document as application/xml if it is unable to determine the media type. However, there is no description of how the processor should make this determination. Presumably, for a document retrieved over HTTP, the media type can be determined by examining the Content-Type header to determine this. However, what about documents not retrieved via a medium which reports Content-Type? For example, can a file extension be used to determine the media type of a file on a local file system (e.g., .html, .xhtml, .svg, etc.). I don't see that IANA defines associated file extensions for media types.

Is it acceptable to examine the root element name to determine the document type?

This section requires some clarification.

Section 6. CURIE Syntax Definition

Paragraph 3 describes the 'default prefix' mapping to be http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab#. To me, this implies that the initial list of URI mappings (described in 7.5) contains such a mapping, however the text explicitly states that it is empty (or as defined in the RDFa Profile). Indeed, the XML RDFa Profile does contain this mapping, but what about host languages that don't use this profile? 4.3 XML+RDFa Document Conformance only applies to generic XML documents, and is integrated into XHTML+RDFa 1.1. Presumably, a host language could not include this definition, or any default profile. Should the language indicate that the initial set of uri mappings include XHV?

Otherwise, I think the changes make the document more accessible to people from outside the community. Good work.

Gregg