Re: sanity check Re: ISSUE-66

On Mar 3, 2011, at 13:49 , Nathan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just a quick understanding check re Ian's feedback.
>
> RDFa Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
>> ISSUE-66 (Core - Ian Hickson): Last Call comments from Ian Hickson for RDFa Core 1.1 [LC Comment - RDFa Core 1.1]
>> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/issues/66
>> Raised by: Manu Sporny
>> On product: LC Comment - RDFa Core 1.1
>> RDFa Core 1.1 Last Call comments from Ian Hickson:
>> I believe RDFa should not have prefix-based indirection, for reasons that have been listed many times over the past few years; since this draft adds two new indirection mechanisms rather than removing any, I am not satisfied that my earlier feedback has been adequately addressed.
>
> Essentially, we need it, it's deployed, re pick it up via 120 on the HTML wg, RDFa itself does have prefix based indirection, it's used heavily etc..

yes

???? I am not sure about 50 but I looked at the xhtml+rdfa document and all occurrences of @xmlns are in the XML Schema specification or at the xmlns appearing in the <html> element. These are all legal and have nothing to do with RDFa. (Some of these may also disappear from the HTML5 document.) The same holds for rdfa-1.1 core document

>> The language as a whole is overly complicated, e.g. with a preponderance of attributes significantly beyond the minimum necessary. Again, this issue has been described in detail in the past.
>
> RDF caters for lang, some RDFa Host environments do, we've catered for it minimally in RDFa core such that if encountered, say xml:lang or lang in xhtml, then it can be used, otherwise it is unhandled. That is to say, it's not an RDF Core attribute, and usage is delegated to host languages. Fair summary?

My feeling is that he does not refer to language as @xml:lang or @lang. It is a general criticism on the fact that we have more attributes that he would like, where 'language' refers to RDFa as a whole.

I am not really sure how I would answer that. It is way too general as a comment

I.