Re: PROPOSAL: Restrict @prefix declaration to the root element

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com> wrote:
> I think I actually suggested this, but on further thought, it limits some important use cases.

I fully agree.

> In the structured-data linter, the snippet output is generates with RDFa markup within a div inside the document. Having to declare @prefix definitions in the head is a little problematic, and doesn't keep all the example RDFa in one place; it actually introduces a different copy/paste problem.

Indeeed. Both @prefix and @vocab should be allowed anywhere, to make
it easy to embed such snippets and work in templated/restricted
publishing environments of various kinds. I furthermore expect that
using @vocab and the occasional full URI will cover many small, simple
use cases (e.g. provenance data in the head or a header; some
licensing and attribution in a footer).

Best regards,
Niklas
--