Re: DRAFT2: RDF Web Applications WG Position on RDFa/Microdata Task Force

On 07/08/2011 01:28 AM, Thomas Steiner wrote:
>> It is advised that the TAG submit a formal objection or that the TAG
>> submits a series of bugs for both HTML+RDFa and HTML+Microdata in
>> addition to RDFa Core 1.1 in the RDF Web Apps WG.
>
> While I'd support the TAG to submit a formal objection (as it marks a
> clean cut), I see less value in "just" a couple of bugs being filed.

Hi Tom,

We discussed the pros/cons on the telecon. The discussion noted that the
HTML WG doesn't feel that what the TAG has given them is actionable. In
the end, a set of technical bugs need to be filed against HTML+RDFa and
HTML+Microdata in order for each group maintaining those specifications
to have something solid to work against. This is part of the
responsibility of the Task Force, but seeing as how the Task Force will
not be created before HTML5's LC period ends, it is up to the TAG to
file something more substantial.

A formal objection would have to list the technical issues as well to be
taken seriously. So, coming up with the list of bugs and creating the
formal objection ends up being, more or less, the same amount of work.

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm Developer Tools and Demo Released
http://digitalbazaar.com/2011/05/05/payswarm-sandbox/