Re: HTML+RDFa issue 120

I am not sure how the HTML5 process works, ie, whether that page can still be improved.

I think it is worth adding more and significant deployment proofs ... Like:

- All dbpedia, eg, http://dbpedia.org/page/Paris; today they are in xhtml but probably served as text/html; there are as many pages as there are wikipedia pages
- All the library of congress authorities pages, eg, http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh95002791 for HTML

I am sure that Manu has some good examples in ecommerce, too. Of course there is facebook. I think the argument of facebook could be used a little bit more forcefully. There are millions of facebook pages that today use RDFa and prefixes. This is more important than Google or Yahoo: while these guys allow RDFa to be used alongside microformats or microdata, the Facebook advise is RDFa only!

The point that has to be made I think even stronger: all these pages would become illegal HTML5 pages if the prefix facilities were removed. Put it another way, an upgrade to HTML5 would be significantly more difficult if backward compatibility was broken.

Another issue that might be worth adding. The group is currently *considering* adding default prefixes and terms to an HTML5 profile, using the @profile mechanism. That approach may significantly reduce the 'cognitive load' that the original submission referred to, because the prefix URI-s would be automatically valid. In other words, only experts, who need more complex vocabularies, would need to worry too much about extra terms and/or prefixes...

Thanks!!!!

Ivan