Re: Generalized triples (Fwd: Non-Javascript RDF API-s?)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:26:24 +0000
Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com> wrote:

> I asked around - 4Store, for example, makes use of the fact that
> literals only occur in the object position in both indexing and query
> optimization.

RDF::Trine uses generalised triples in most places, but the SQL-backed
store optimises using RDF rules on which node types are allowed in
which positions. (There's an option to disable these optimisations
which then allows you to store and retrieve generalised triples.)

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>