Re: Generalized triples (Fwd: Non-Javascript RDF API-s?)

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:07:13 +0000
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
CC: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, W3C RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Ivan Herman wrote:
> On Jan 13, 2011, at 20:32 , Nathan wrote:
>>
>> 1: implementations which implement generalized triples but do not expose them to users
>
> What would that exactly mean? I am not sure I understand. Can I create generalized triples and add them to the triple store, even if through some low level methods? Or does it mean that the API spec remains silent on the constraints and implementations are free to do what they wish?

Simply, that some implementations (increasingly more as time progresses
I'd imagine) will internally support generalized triples, for the
reasons you've noted earlier - which could lead to implementations that
have all the functionality required for generalized triples (and thus
current RDF API draft), but do not expose it to end users (via the API).

aside: noticed that the term "generalized triples" seems to have caught
on well recently - helps to have a name to use

Best,

Nathan