Some interesting initiatives on the week end

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:02:58 +0200
To: W3C RDFWA WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Two things happened at the end of the week of interest:

- Jeni had a post on microdata & RDFa convergence, essentially exploring how the _two_ specs can be slightly modified to make conversions between the two easier (both mechanically and, so to say, 'mentally'). The post is at [1], there is a discussion going on on Google+[2]

[1] http://www.jenitennison.com/blog/node/165
[2] http://bit.ly/oig4pJ

- Gregg, Manu, and some others started up a web site on structured data in HTML[3], see also the Goggle+ thread[4], collecting tools and examples around microdata, RDFa and microformats

[3] http://structured-data.org/
[4] http://bit.ly/psxCAG

Both initiatives are in direction of accepting a (percieved?, real?) reality that RDFa and microdata will live side by side, and we would have to try find the best ways in accommodating that.

I think this WG should look at the proposed changes very seriously; this may lead to coming back to some of our older decisions. So be it...