Re: Updated RDFa Core Editor's Draft

Shane,

you rock:-)

I have to leave to the airport for a workshop, so I only had a look very quickly.

- The note saying "Embedding definitions for well known, stable RDFa Profiles in the implementation is recommended." is to be rephrased; all RDFa Profiles are well known now:-)

- This is an issue of a long discussion. The content of default profiles can change, ie, it can be extended with new terms or prefixes. We had some text somewhere (although I do not find it right now in the old text) stating that these changes should only be additive, that they are infrequent, we may even had some text stating that profiles files should use expiration date related HTTP answer terms.

I think it is still very important to keep this flexibility. The default profile for RDFa does not include, for example, the schema.org prefix at this moment; unless we include it at REC time to the profile, I am pretty sure we will have to include it in 6-7 months after that. We should keep that a possibility.

B.t.w., this extension mechanism is one more reason why it is a very good idea to keep the current syntax for profiles, though just used for, sort of, documentation purposes.

- The XML+RDFa Document Conformance included an explicit reference to the default profile URI. I guess that should stay (if we go along those lines). B.t.w., yes, it is correct that the default profile URI does not include a default IRI mapping.

Cheers

Ivan