Re: More specific proposal on the vocabulary expansion (a.k.a. vocab proxy) feature

On Aug 4, 2011, at 22:38 , Gregg Kellogg wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2011, at 1:35 PM, Ivan Herman wrote:
>
>> Gregg,
>>
>> I will look at it tomorrow, it is a bit too late for me here. But, I presume, when you use the term 'member submission' it is not like a 'real' W3C member submission
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/Submission/
>>
>> but simply a text for the RDFa specification, right?
>
> Perhaps Member Submission is the wrong document type,

We need an ontology:-)

> what would be a more appropriate document type to use in ReSpec.js?

A decision the group has to take is whether whatever we spec here is part of the overall RDFa Recommendation or not.

- If it is, then it is an editorial question whether the text would become part of the current RDFa 1.1 Core or whether we want to keep it a separate document.
- If it is not, then formally the end result will be a W3C Working Group Note.

Now... if we decide to, eventually, put this section into RDFa 1.1 Core that the document is a purely transitory one and will have to be picked up by the RDFa 1.1. Core editor for a merge. If the goal is a separate document, whether a recommendation or a note, then this document is, for now, a Working Group Working Draft, with the status somehow saying what the goal is.

_Personally_ I believe this should become part of RDFa 1.1 Core. But, again, this is something the group ought to decide.

>> Why using github and not our usual place to edit things, like our wiki page or our CVS space? It becomes a bit complicated if our different documents are spread all over the place...
>
> It came up in discussion for Manu. I can work on it anyplace, you guys decide.

Because all other documents we edit are in CVS space, I would prefer to keep it there, too (if this was a new group, I would consider using mercurial because people seem to feel more comfortable with it, but we are passed that by now). If we go that way, I would need

- your (meaning yours and Niklas'!) W3C account name
- an ssh public key

and I will then ask the system team to give you access to the CVS branch of the RDFa group.

Sorry to be a bit administrative here, but this is my job:-(

Ivan