Re: ISSUE-93: Should the RDF API support persistent storage?

The problem I have with this approach is that it becomes a bit muddy to define those things and then make it clear to implementers that thy are _not_ required to implement all those strategies. Because I do not think we should require that.

My apologies if not using the exact interfaces here, but I guess my approach would still get across if I use a pythonic style:-)

- By default, the underlying datastore for an RDF API implementation is an in-memory datastore
- The interface should allow to 'set' the datastore to another one, ie, I should be able to do some sort of a 'new instance'.

That is it. I can see some value if there is also an rdf.getPersistence() method that returns some information on the persistence strategy of the datastore. But not necessarily.

As I said, that is it as far as the RDF API definition is concerned. A specific implementation may provide all kinds of fancy data stores with persistence on my own machine, or on Mars, Jupiter or the Milky Way, and an application can then initialize it and then use the RDF API.

Ivan