Re: XHTML+RDFa 1.1 'the most recent version'...

On 04/05/2011 04:15 AM, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
> Just because I mentioned already SVG and I
> have another format using RDFa as well - how
> to indicate the intended RDFa version in other
> (XML) formats than XHTML?

Typically, the @version value is specified in the host language
specification. I would expect that generic XML+RDFa processors will
check for a string containing the text "RDFa 1.1" in the @version
attribute of the XML document. I say "containing" instead of "exactly
XML+RDFa 1.1" because the RDFa processors tend to not care about the
structural bits of a host language outside of the HTML family languages.

That is, many RDFa processors can attempt a best-effort parse of an XML
document that contains RDFa and generate many useful triples from such a
parse. SVG is one example of such a format, ePub may be another.

If you are creating a Host Language document, and you can add support
for the @version attribute, and assuming that your language is called
something like "Foo", your version attribute could specify a value like:
version="Foo+RDFa 1.1"

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The PaySwarm Vocabulary
http://digitalbazaar.com/2011/03/31/payswarm-vocab/