Re: RDFa API thoughts

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 18:56:27 +0100
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
CC: RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Hi Manu,

Only a minimal snipped response, thanks for your reply, I'm happy w/ all
answers :)

Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 04/02/2011 07:51 PM, Nathan wrote:
> It may be /the/ way that we want to look at RDF data in the
> future.... with only reasoning applications caring about the
> datatype/language/etc.
>
>> sequence<RDFTriple>   getTriples();
>
> -1 - If people want to deal w/ triples, they can use the RDF API.

Which may not be implemented, and for which they may not have a parser
(or it may well be more efficient to use the "in browser" implementation
should such a thing be available.

Together with the above datatype & lang issue, this is why I proposed
the getTriples method, it means the API always provides at least /some/
way of getting to that data, and believe it's an easy hit to implement.

However, I'm not going to push that strongly for it :)

Best,

Nathan