Re: Absorbing Microdata

  Hello Toby,

On 15/09/2010 21:27, Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:04:42 +0100
> Martin McEvoy<martin@weborganics.co.uk>  wrote:
>
>> ARC2 will transform RDFa to Microdata and also Microdata to RDFa  ;)
> Well, yes, it's easy enough to parse one format and then serialise it
> as another. The algorithm I've been discussing translates the Microdata
> in place, creating a document that's otherwise more or less identical
> to the input. e.g.
>
> Microdata input:
> http://buzzword.org.uk/2010/md2rdfa/example1/microdata.html
>
> RDFa output:
> http://buzzword.org.uk/2010/md2rdfa/example1/rdfa.xhtml
>
> With RDFa 1.1, the output could be made a little nicer, as URIs don't
> need rewriting as CURIEs plus xmlns.

That's a nice implementation although I would say the RDFa output seems
a little off, eg

<figcaption  xmlns:md="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/microdata#"property="md:http%3A%2F%2Fn.whatwg.org%2Fwork%23%3Atitle"about="_:HTMLAutoNode000">The house I found.</figcaption>

shouldn't the correct output be something like...

<figcaption  xmlns:work="http://n.whatwg.org/work#"property="work:title"about="_:HTMLAutoNode000">The house I found.</figcaption>

Im not being picky :)

Best wishes.

--