Re: Small @profile question

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:27:26 +0200
Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2010, at 09:15 , Toby Inkster wrote:
>
> > This situation could occur if the server hosting the profile serves,
> > say, an error response (e.g. Not Found) with an incorrect HTTP
> > status code.
>
> Hm. I do not think I agree with your last statement, though I agree
> with the rest. An HTTP not found should mean the file is not loadable
> so the 'no triple generated' feature should kick in.

I agree that an HTTP not found *should* do that, but the situation I
outlined is where a "Not Found" or similar error page has been served
with an incorrect HTTP status code - such as 200 OK. One does see such
things from time to time - mainly on sites with poorly written content
management systems.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>