Re: API question

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:25:08 +0000
Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:

> Toby, see:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2010Oct/0327.html
>
> Just raised this myself a few days ago - snap!

Great. I think this is a feature that's useful, but very problematic to
implement it as specified. Some of the CURIE mapping stuff is similar.

It could be redeemed quite easily though I think: just move all the
DataContext functionality onto the DocumentData interface and get rid
of DataContext/document.data.context/document.data.createContext. This
should fix things, as all DataStore/DataQuery objects (i.e. the
objects which actually use CURIE mapping and type conversion) are
created using factory methods on DocumentData, thus could "remember"
the DocumentData instance that created them, and use the type
conversions and CURIE mappings defined there.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>