Re: RDFa API - graph?

Shane McCarron wrote:
> +1.
>
> however, playing devil's advocate for a moment... the problem with
> 'graph' is that people who don't grok RDF (like me) surely won't grok
> what a 'graph' is.  'graph' is a very computer-sciency term.  It's the
> right term in this case.  The problem is that as our audience expands
> beyond computer scientists to web designers who just want to easily
> access semantic information from a web page... those people are not in
> general classically trained CSci majors like some of us surely are.  I

Agree but they already have to deal with triples, subject, predicate,
object, plain literals, typed literals and so forth. So saying that a
graph is a set of triples - or even an array of all the triples in the
document, should be a relatively easy learning curve, and more to the
point keeps things consistent across all the docs they could read. Users
who don't care won't care, but for those who do want to learn more we
should make the path as easy and consistent as possible.

</gets-off-soap-box>

> still think this is the right term.  But a glossary or short definition
> of the term might help the great unwashed out there.

agreed - definitely!

Best,

Nathan