Re: Some RDFa 1.1 Core edge cases that we need to clarify

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:50:03 -0500
Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:

> Yeah.... that's just ugly.  I think we should say the terms are put
> in the list in the order they are declared, and that it is the FIRST
> case-insensitive match that counts.

But profiles are written in RDF, and the expected behaviour of RDF
implementations is that the order the triples are expressed in a file
is not significant (and note that in my example both "agent" and
"Agent" were defined in the same profile). Asking implementations to
take notice of the order of term declarations in a profile will cause a
lot of hassle for people building RDFa parsers on top of off-the-shelf
RDF libraries.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>