Re: RDFa WG telecon minutes for 2010-10-21

Having seen the minutes:

I do not understand this resolution

"Provide language in the RDFa Core spec to allow non-RDFa, and non-RDF serializations for RDFa Profile documents. If implementers use RDF to express prefix and term mappings, they MUST use the vocabulary defined in the RDFa Core specification."

What does this mean for an implementation? If we do not include any non-RDF based specification for an RDFa profile, then the only choice of an implementation is to completely ignore this sentence. Of course, an implementation may add non-RDFa based profile interpretation if it also defines its own format, but then the whole cycle of profile specification and interpretation becomes absolutely implementation dependent. As a consequence, I do not see what the value is to have that as part of the specification text.

I think I would like to understand this before we go to last call...

Ivan