Re: Need volunteer reviewers for RDFa Core 1.1 (pre-Last Call)

Tuesday 2010-10-19 22:51 Toby Inkster:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 01:53:56 +0200
> Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
> > The latter (i.e. putting attributes into the empty namespace) is
> > what, according to Toby, all currently existing host languages do.
>
> No, it's not what all existing host languages do.

Sorry for mis-quoting you on that, …

> Somewhat annoyingly, OpenDocument Format 1.2 puts the RDFa attributes
> in the {http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml} namespace.

… indeed you had said that before.  As you say "annoying", am I right to assume that OpenDocument could afford putting the RDFa attributes into the empty namespace?  I.e. that there are no conflicts with other attributes having the same name.

Shane has fixed that to "either empty namespace or XHTML namespace" for now, which should IMHO cover all cases.  Therefore I consider my suggestion of http://www.w3.org/ns/rdfa# obsolete.

> However, host languages must pick one and stick with it. Putting @href
> in one namespace, @prefix in another and @about in the empty namespace
> would be horrible!

I completely agree.  (Maybe that should be made explicit in the spec.)  Otherwise it would inevitably lead to confusion, particularly in cases such as

<element about="..." xhtml:about="..."/>

Cheers,

Christoph