Re: PROPOSAL to close ISSUE-16: RDF Collections

Ivan,

Hearing your clarifications re the below leads me to believe that:

  - Lists/Collections are often needed

  - The variation in usage of Collection vs List is more determined by
the mediatype, for instance List is more popular with N3/Turtle (easier
to write), Collection with RDF/XML (easier to write), Neither with RDFa
(complex to write).

Personally I have many uses for Lists specifically, but that's I feel
that whether you consider a list as ordered or not should be context
specific - much like a common array in programming which serves as a
single structure for both indexed lists and unordered collections - thus
I find myself with little use for Collections.

Also, I did not find your proposal too complex, rather it appeared to
provide a single easy-to-use syntax (::member) for both Lists and
Collections, and this really appealed to me.

The only issue I had was down to time, if there was a way to get your
proposal to a level where consensus could be achieved in time then I'd
be fully behind it and help where I can. Perhaps if we fail to reach LC
on Thursday then we could try and get this done?

Best,

Nathan