Re: Very early alpha state pure JavaScript implementation of the RDFa API draft spec released

Hi Manu,

Thank God not sent from a BlackBerry, but from my iPhone

On 12.10.2010, at 17:26, Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com> wrote:

> Dear Manu,
>
>> Fantastic work, Thomas!
> Thanks :-)
>
>> http://bitmunk.com/media/6995806
>> However, as we can see - it's valid XHTML+RDFa 1.0:
>> http://check.rdfa.info/check?url=http://bitmunk.com/media/6995806&version=1.0
> Fair enough. The extension throws an error in line 136. Seems like my
> type checking needs some improvement love. Will check soon (the
> extension auto-updates, so no worries with that [this auto-update
> feature and the easy install process you mentioned: all credits to our
> Chromium team]).

I have worked a bit on the extension today and closed a couple of
bugs. Could you test again with your Bitmunk example after having
updated to the latest version of the RDFa Triple Lister extension?
Thanks!
>> It's a bit invasive to have an iframe tacked into the page and no way to
>> remove it. It would be nice if I could click the RDFa icon in the URL
>> bar and remove the iframe if needed. Or perhaps, have the default mode
>> show the RDF icon if RDFa is detected on the page, but only insert the
>> iframe when the RDF icon is clicked. Of course, making this feature
>> user-editable would be nice as well.
> All good feedback. This is a 0.0.1 release, so quite some room for
> improvements. I chose the iframe in order to have a clean CSS
> environment, where as few as possible from the main page's CSS would
> influence my triples box. The iframe will behave somewhat less
> intrusive in future releases, I promise (and was already annoyed
> myself by the current behavior). Again, this is a "release early,
> release often" attitude here :-)
Nothing new with regards to the UX yet, but I keep it on top of the ToDo list.

Best regards,
Tom