Re: HTML5 Polyglot spec and RDFa

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 10:15:07 +0200
Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> I am still not 100% sure that the issue raised by Gregg is, in
> practice, such a show stopper that it would warrant to change the
> current (clearly simplistic) solution.

As far as I'm concerned there are four possible paths that we could go
down which are all quite sensible. (And probably dozens of silly paths
we could take.)

	#1. How RDFa Core 1.1 is currently specified: all terms are
	case-insensitive.

	#2. All terms are case-sensitive.

	#3. Terms are case-sensitive generally, but a host language's
	default profile MAY be case-insensitive if the host language's
	specification states that it is (and XHTML+RDFa 1.1 would).

	#4. Profiles may indicate which terms are case-sensitive and
	which are not.

Currently I've implemented #3 in my parser, though will obviously
switch to whatever the WG has resolved as RDFa 1.1 approaches stability.

#3 or #4 are my preferred solutions, because they seem to offer
profile designers a bit of control while taking into account
grandfathered case-insensitive terms.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>