Re: ISSUE-46 (conversion of plain literals to IRIs): Should plain literals that match fully qualified IRIs be automatically converted to IRIs [RDFa 1.1 Core]

Mark,

I can see the merit of this approach, just adding some more thoughts to the discussion, though

- you refer to the restriction of the automatic procedure to <meta>. I can see the value of that. But, if we do that, don't we reduce the dangers down to a level that we can simply go with the original approach (ie, no duplication of triples) but with that restriction?

- I think we said last time that we would restrict the mechanism to those uri schemes that are officially registered by the IETF. Your proposal would restrict it to http scheme only. I think that is way too restrictive for the user community we have in mind, which would use, for example, https, ftp, or mailto fairly frequently, too...

Ivan