Re: PROPOSAL to close ISSUE-37: is _ a special prefix? or a URI?

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 21:06:25 +0100
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 13:08:22 -0400
Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> The argument of whether or not "_:abc" is a true URI or whether it
> is merely a mapping to RDF's "_" mechanism was discussed as well.

While we're clear that it *semantically* maps to the RDF concept of
blank nodes, I do think it would be useful if we could indicate how it
is treated *syntactically* - i.e. is it a special CURIE prefix, or a
special URI scheme? This is important as the former can be used as part
of the Safe CURIE syntax (wrapped with brackets) whereas the latter
must not.

I think in RDFa 1.0, it was treated as a special CURIE prefix.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>