Re: An interesting viewpoint about the negatives of profiling

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 00:01:21 -0600
Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:

> I read this.  I will read it again.  But when we are talking about
> subsetting RDFa and the problems it could cause... we should remember
> this article.
> http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/11/semantic-web-linked-data.html

For what it's worth, my subsetting document is designed to allow people
to subset RDF in very OGP-like ways safely.

OGP, for example, can be considered to be a conjunction of filtered
triples (ignoring any triples that don't have a predicate in the OGP
namespace), and ignoring particular elements (in XPath terms,
'/html/body', '/html/head/*[not(self::meta)]').

Of course the current Facebook implementation doesn't implement RDFa
fully - it seems to ignore prefix-to-URI mappings and imply meaning from
the CURIE prefix. The subsetting document is guidance for how consumers
like Facebook could upgrade their parsers to handle RDFa correctly,
while still restricting themselves to consuming the subset they desire.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>