Re: Safe Subsets of RDFa

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:57:47 +0100
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
CC: public-rdfa-wg@w3.org
On 10.11.2010 13:49, Toby Inkster wrote:
> Both Google and Facebook seem to consume subsets of RDFa.
>
> Some subsets of RDFa are safer to consume than others though, as this
> Wiki page demonstrates:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/wiki/Subsets
>
> I think it would be useful for this WG to publish as a note something
> like the above, as guidance for people wishing to implement partial
> RDFa processors.
>
> Alternatively this could be added as informative guidance to RDFa Core,
> but I think it would overcomplicate the spec.

Hi,

as somebody only occasionally watching: YES.

I fear that the new profile feature introduces an indirection mechanism
that is likely to cause more confusion than XML namespace prefixes will
ever manage to, so identifying a subset of RDFa that can be processed
without having to consult an additional resource seems to be very much
needed.

Best regards, Julian