Re: wdrs:describedby = @rel describedby. Erratum published

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 23:11:01 +0000
To: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Cc: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>, public-rdfa-wg@w3.org
On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 19:28:09 +0000
Phil Archer <phila@w3.org> wrote:

> Checking through http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab/, I don't see
> describedby (any capitalisation) in any section. But there is a
> definition of meta. I /think/ this is the only definition of this
> term, despite it having been in common use for a long time?

rel="meta" is defined in the drafts of XHTML2. XHTML2's keywords fed
into the RDFa work, so it's subsequently defined in the XHTML+RDFa 1.0
Rec. XHTML+RDFa 1.1 and HTML+RDFa will define it indirectly via the
XHTML vocabulary.

It's also the method of linking to RDF from HTML which has been
recommended by the FOAF project for ages.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>