Other names for 'property groups' [was: Re: RDFa DOM API - New Editor's Draft]

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 20:49:53 +0100
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
Hi Shane,

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:
> I don't mind Group - but I also like "Collection".

Yes, me too.

As with 'property group' the distance between the term used and what
the thing actually is, is very short:

  Mum: What's a 'property collection'?
  Mark: Oh, it's just a collection of properties that all apply to the
same thing.
  Mum: Ah...I see. I knew this semantic web business wasn't that difficult.

Another candidate came up when I was double-checking that the
functionality defined within 'property groups' could be implemented in
Python; I had forgotten that Python uses the term "dictionary" for
these kinds of objects, which I also liked.

'Property collection'...'property dictionary'...'property
group'...maybe we can see if people can live with any of these, and
also whether they spark other suggestions.

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Birbeck, webBackplane